PEMBROKE, Mass. —
A Massachusetts school employee was placed on leave Friday after a student found a marijuana edible product.
In a letter to parents, the superintendent of Pembroke Public Schools says a student at the Hobomock Elementary School got into a paraprofessional's backpack and removed the items.
"Staff members immediately reported the incident and although the child appeared unaffected in any way, the child was immediately transported to South Shore Hospital for observation and evaluation. At this point, we do not believe the child ingested the substance," wrote Superintendent Erin Obey.
The employee was placed on paid leave as an investigation is conducted. It's against school policy to bring controlled substances or alcohol onto school campuses.