A local pediatrician said Rady Children’s Hospital's average patient suffering from the effects of cannabis ingestion is just 2 years old. By Audra Stafford • Published 6 hours ago • Updated 6 hours ago
OG Article: here.
View our Fair Use Policy: here.
by: Audra Stafford NBC Universal, Inc.NBC 7’s Audra Stafford takes a closer look at the dangers of children accidentally ingesting edible marijuana products.New research shows a dramatic increase, both locally and nationally, in the number of young children ending up in the hospital after eating cannabis products.
According to the 2022 California Marijuana Impact Report, the number of calls to Poison Control centers nationwide for kids 0-12 years old who had ingested cannabis products went up more than 2,000% between 2016-21. The report also found the majority of Poison Control calls in California for ingesting cannabis were for children under the age of 5. Stoned California Seniors Headed to ERs By the Thousands, UCSD Study Says
Researchers said earlier this year that there had been a marked increase in recent years among seniors visiting emergency rooms for cannabis issues.